The A-Z of Organising an Exhibition. One Day Course, Hot-Hat Short Courses in Arts & Arts Management
- Artformcrafts, combined arts, interdisciplinary arts, museums, visual arts
- ContactDr Philip Sanderson email@example.com
During this one-day course participants will gain an understanding of the key skills necessary to conceive, stage, and manage contemporary art exhibitions.
The course will guide you through all the stages of mounting an exhibition from initial planning and budgeting, through marketing to the hanging and opening itself.
The course is ideal for those with an interest in curating, arts management, arts education or practising artists wishing to mount their own exhibitions.
The day will cover the following topics:
Your Vision and Plan.
Assessing the Outcome.
Date And Time: Sat, November 2, 2019, 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM GMT
Location: Friends House 173-177 Euston Road London NW1 2BJ
To book tickets go to https://www.eventbrite.com/e/the-a-z-of-organising-an-exhibition-tickets-75302946139
Angela Kingston & Dr Philip Sanderson will lead this course.
Angela Kingston was curator at Kettle's Yard, and at the Ikon Gallery, her exhibitions have toured to: Angel Row Gallery, the Bluecoat, Camden Arts Centre, CCA, The Centre for Drawing, Chapter, Leeds City Art Gallery, Plymouth Arts Centre, and the Towner to name but a few.
Dr Philip Sanderson has worked in the arts as: gallery director/curator (Camerawork), chair of board (London Filmmakers Co-op), arts consultant, reviewer (Art Monthly), and finally arts practitioner. Philip was Course Director for the Arts & Festival Management BA at London South Bank University.
- This course is suitable for anybody interested in the arts.
- This course runs over one day. There will be short breaks throughout the day, and a break for lunch between 1pm and 2pm. Lunch is not provided but there is a café on site offering a full range of hot and cold food.
- Bookings are non-refundable and non-transferable, unless the course is cancelled by Hot-Hat.
- Courses are 18+ unless otherwise stated.
- The location is easily reached by a range of public transport, please note there is no onsite parking.
- The room in which the course takes place is accessible by two short flights of stairs.