Open Call for artist and Curator, deadline 30th December 2019, Leave of Absence Gallery LOA London
- Artformcombined arts, film, interdisciplinary arts, photography, visual arts
- ContactYu firstname.lastname@example.org
Leave of Absence gallery is opening its 2020 calendar accepting proposals from artists or curators working around the topic of global identities and transcultural experiences.
Submissions will be accepted from now until December 30th, 2019. All proposals should be submitted digitally in PDF format to email@example.com
𝗟eave 𝗢f 𝗔bsence is a small white cube art space Located in Dalston initiated by five artists. We host 4 LOA nomination exhibitions and 2 invited projects a year. The aim of the open call is to open up the dialogue of the exhibitions.
Topics along the following keywords: third culture imaginations, (reverse) integration, technology and border, language in translation, superstitions and customs, cross-cultural intimacies, diaspora artists, the imagined communities, transnational mobility will be taken into consideration.
The proposal should include the following:
● An exhibition concept relating to one of the above topic.
● Thought process or key research materials articulating how the topic arises as an artistic/curatorial concern.
● Use of off-site/ digital paces, talk or workshop during the exhibition may be included.
● CV, website or an online portfolio.
● The artist’s/Curator’s personal background in terms of (family) migration history, heritage. This also apply for local British applicants.
● Email title:
(Artist/ Curatorial) Proposal For LOA (desired month) 2020 (exhibition tile) (name of applicant)
The exhibition will run for one week (unless otherwise specified and agreed) on any chosen week in 2020. The first available week is 17th February 2020. The announcement will be made on the 30th of January.
LOA aims to provide the artist and curator with maximum flexibility to actualise their project in the small space of our gallery. The applicants are expected to work independently with most communication carried out online. The entry is free and we will reimburse the exhibition installing material and travel expenses for up to £150. Floor plan and more information about the gallery please visit HERE.
We look forward to seeing your proposal!