Learn how to knit a 'cabled' hat, Fabrications - Hackney
- Artformcrafts, knitting
- ContactBarley Massey email@example.com
This class will introduce the participants to the fundamentals of knitting ‘cables’ to give twists and textured designs to your knitting but also practical advice on yarns, needles and pattern reading. The class is taught by Jill Bulgan who will watch over your learning with care, offer feedback/observations and answer your questions as they arise!
If you are an absolute beginner and would like to join this class we are offering 2 Beginners Knitting classes, which will prepare you for this class – we also offer a discount for block booking!
On completion of this class, participants should confidently be able to:
– Create ribbing for elastication
– Learn a basic cable twist, creating texture to your knitting
– Decrease and create shaping for the crown
– Spot mistakes and how to rectify
– Follow a simple pattern (we'll be using Tin Can Knits "Antler" hat design) from start to finish
For this class you will require: 200 yards of aran yarn and 5mm needles (You will be eligible for a 10% discount when puchasing knitting supplies for any of our knitting classes in our shop)
WHEN: Saturday 16th November, 2.30 - 5pm
WHERE: Fabrications, 7 Broadway Market, Hackney, London E8 4PH. http://www.fabrications1.co.uk
TO BOOK: E mail or call Barley on 020 7275 8043 or BOOK ONLINE via Fabrications website CALENDAR