Stage Management Workshop, Part of the Main
- Artformcombined arts, interdisciplinary arts, theatre
- ContactOlivia Munk firstname.lastname@example.org
Join Part of the Main at the Drayton Arms Theatre on Friday December 6, 10 AM - 5 PM, for a reprise of our sell-out crash course in stage managing live performance. Led by Amy Warren, former stage manager for Immersive Great Gatsby, and Ella Dixon, a veteran of touring productions. Tickets are £55 and participants will receive a handbook.
What you'll learn:
- Who’s who in the company of a production and the relationship with Stage Management Team
- The breakdown of a SM Team
- The basics of running a rehearsal room, a technical rehearsal and the show
- Getting work as a Stage Manager: Discussing our tips and the best avenues for finding work
- Immersive Theatre and its challenges
- Stage Managing productions in non-traditional venues
- Company Stage Management and looking after actors and your company
- Communication from SM to everyone else; Positively reporting to Producers
- Differences between Stage Management and technical stage management
- Prepping for & running a tour
- The Get in and Get out - relighting, reading LX plans, adapting them for different spaces.
- Life on the road: challenges and benefits to a touring lifestyle
- Different performance styles and their challenges for stage management
About the Instructors:
Amy spent two years as Stage Manager of the Immersive Great Gatsby in London Bridge, managing nearly 600 of their shows and welcoming around 80,000 audience members through Gatsby’s doors. She has since gone on to manage immersive theatre for companies such as Les Enfants Terribles, Part of the Night, and The Lost Estate.
Ella is a Freelance Technical Stage Manager based in London, who spends most of her time touring with small to midscale theatre. She has worked in a variety of different venues, from large regional theatres, such as Bristol Old Vic and Plymouth Theatre Royal, to pub theatres, schools and libraries, and have even completed immersive work in churches, abandoned warehouses and the top of the Malvern Hills!
Questions? Email email@example.com!