Sketching in the Anglican Cathedral with Katherine Dereli, dot-art
- LocationNorth West
- Artformvisual arts
The Anglican Cathedral is a unique historical and iconic architectural feature of Liverpool. This sketching session is a mixed ability class suitable for experienced artists who want to experience drawing in this unique location or beginners looking to learn useful skills to help record the world around you.
- Looking at different ways of drawing architecture
- Using tonal drawing to deal with lighting effects
- Experimenting with different materials for dealing with effects of light
- We will talk about approaches to your drawing referencing different artists to provide context and pointers on how to approach the problems involved.
- Quick drawing exercises about creating thumbnails sketches and planning out a tonal scheme.
- Tips on getting believable Architectural proportions and establishing a sense of scale in drawing. Then different ways of rendering the effects of light in tone.
- Long drawings.
- Group critique and feedback sessions
Katherine Dereli is trained in traditional techniques in drawing and sculpture which she uses to create well-crafted artworks with a modern sensibility. She has lead classes and demonstrations in both disciplines for several years
You will need to bring a set of pencils, erasers and an A3 sketch book.
Saturday 10am - 1pm on 15th February 2020
The Anglican Cathedral, St James Mount, Liverpool, L1 7AZ
£25 for one 3 hour class
***To avoid a booking fee and pay by card, cheque or cash, please contact dot-art Services directly on 0345 017 6660***
Dress appropriately as the site can get a bit chilly when sitting still.
Feel free to bring a snack with you, although there is a cafe on site.
For more information
To make a booking