Blueprint R&D open call, Without Walls
- Artformcombined arts, dance, interdisciplinary arts, theatre, visual arts, Other, Outdoor Arts
- ContactMatthew Belfield email@example.com
Without Walls invites artists and companies to request support through the Blueprint R&D programme. This is designed to support the Research and Development costs of new outdoor touring work for final presentation in 2021 or beyond.
Key points about eligibility and guidance
- Without Walls is looking for work from all disciplines and genres, that is innovative and ambitious and challenges the idea of what outdoor arts can be.
- Without Walls supports work that is designed for outdoor touring and artists should be committed to exploring touring opportunities for the works beyond the Without Walls festivals.
- Proposals for work could be adaptable in scale, suitable for daytime and / or evening presentation and may also include promenade or processional based elements.
Without Walls has identified several priorities for development including:
- Work led by South Asian artists
- Work led by BAME artists
- Work led by d/Deaf and Disabled artists
- Digital work
Additionally, Without Walls is keen to support artists whose artistic process includes a clear focus on dramaturgy. This could include explaining the approach to structuring the work, producing a visual script, storyboard or similar document, or explaining the process by which dramaturgy will be addressed and by whom.
Without Walls is also keen to encourage artists to work with experienced directors. In cases where the director of the project has limited experience of outdoor work, please explain whether you intend to invite a more experienced outside eye or mentor into the process.
We welcome proposals that align with these areas of special interest, but it is not compulsory that proposals should fall into any of these categories. Please note there is no guarantee of Without Walls being able to support projects even if they do align with one or more of these priorities.
The deadline for receipt of proposals is 17.00h on Wednesday 29th January 2020.
Artists will be informed whether their proposal will be supported by the week of 2 March 2020.
For full information and guidance please see https://www.withoutwalls.uk.com/open-calls/