FREE Practitioner Short Course, New Wolsey Theatre
- ContactSian Thomas firstname.lastname@example.org
Join us at our practitioner training sessions in March!
The New Wolsey Theatre are offering a FREE practical short course for practitioners, to share our practice and to support local artists to develop their skills when working with young people, in schools and the community.
The sessions will be led by the Artist Development and Creative Learning teams, and will cover the following headlines:
- Games: Why do we use them? What are they for? How do they affect the dynamics in the room? What is the value? Which ones do you play?
- Creative Practice – focusing on key areas of specific creative practice and how to present this in a workshop format.
- Directing Young People – Uncovering the approaches, challenges and joys when working with both text and devised content.
- Behaviour – looking at various behavioural challenges when working with KS2-5 in a variety of settings (including pupil referral units), the presentation of different behaviours (such as low confidence) and how to use theatrical techniques to develop positive participation experiences.
- Health and Safety and Safeguarding, plus the chance to share learned skills and run an activity with the group.
We are keen for participants to attend all five sessions.
Although we cannot guarantee offers of work, we are keen to meet local practitioners who are new to us, to potentially work with our young people, in schools and with local community groups.
Dates and time: 4.30pm-6.30pm on Mondays 2nd, 9th, 16th, 23rd and 30th March
Venue: New Wolsey Theatre Studio, St. George’s Street, Ipswich IP1 3NF
Childcare: We are potentially able to support practitioners who have childcare or access needs. Please contact us to discuss what might be possible.
How to get involved: Please send us a short paragraph telling us why you would like to take part in this course, giving us an idea of your previous experience and what you think you might gain from this opportunity. Alternatively, please give us a call to discuss this over the phone, or to arrange a visit to meet in person.