Mother Art Prize 2020, Procreate Project
- Artformcrafts, interdisciplinary arts, photography, visual arts, sound and video
- ContactAlena Beranzoni firstname.lastname@example.org
Procreate Project is back with the 3rd edition of Mother Art Prize 2020, the only international open call for self-identifying women and non-binary visual artists with caring responsibilities.
Its aim is to promote and support artists who are mothers/parents as well as drive the attention of the wider public to a broad-spectrum of themes that would otherwise be overlooked and devalued.
The prize is aimed at artists working in one or more of the following media: painting, drawing, mixed-media, photography, digital art, sculpture, ceramics, installation, textile, sound and video and there are no theme restrictions.
Exposure: Group show for up to 20 selected artists at Elephant West, Elephant Magazine’s pioneering project space in west London [6-29 of November 2020]; feature in the Procreate Project online shop and in the Elephant Magazine.
Winner’s Award: £500 Cash Prize + 2-week solo exhibition at The Showroom in summer 2021
International Award: Up to 4 weeks residency at the White House Dagenham [In partnership with Create London] + £500 worth of art materials sponsored by Colart
Online Award: Online Exhibition with Richard Saltoun [Sept 2020] + 2 mentoring sessions with Sylvie Gormezano, Director at Picture this productions and Chair of the Association of Women Art Dealers (AWAD)
The judging panel is composed by:
- Niamh Coghlan, Richard Saltoun Gallery Director
- Pauline Desouza, Director of the Diversity Art Forum
- Elvira Dyangani Ose, Director of The Showroom and Lecturer in Visual Cultures at Goldsmiths University
- Eva Langret, Artistic Director Frieze London
- Claire Mander, Chair of Steering Committee of UK Friends of the National Museum of Women in the Arts and Director of the CoLAB
- Frances Morris, Director of Tate Modern
Full info & apply: https://www.procreateproject.com/mother-art-prize-procreate-project/