Apply now: The future of gallery and visual arts education, Engage
- ContactLouise Rutledge email@example.com
The future of gallery and visual arts education
24–26 March 2020, Dundee, Scotland
Booking closes Monday 17 February 2020
Join Engage and Engage Scotland at this intensive professional development event for mid-career and senior gallery and visual arts educators, hosted by Dundee Contemporary Arts (DCA), V&A Dundee and Hospitalfield, Arbroath
We invite colleagues to reflect on what the future of gallery and visual arts education could look like in the next three decades in the UK and internationally. Art and design education are under pressure across the UK, as are resources for artists and arts and cultural organisations for education and participatory activity. Beyond this, the world faces huge environmental, social and financial challenges.
Attendees are invited to present or run an activity or workshop for their peers at DCA or V&A Dundee. There will be visits to Hospitalfield, Arbroath, and The McManus Gallery and Cooper Gallery, Dundee.
As practitioners, we often rush from one project to the next. Engage’s peer learning event is a fantastic opportunity to take the long view, to think about how your own work and that of your organisation can have an impact.
The programme will also include presentations from the following speakers:
- Sarah Derrick, Head of Learning, DCA
- Joanna Mawdsley, Head of Learning, V&A Dundee
- Lucy Byatt, Director, Hospitalfield, Arbroath
Dates, times and locations
- Day 1: Tuesday 24 March, 10:00 am – 5:00 pm, Venue: DCA
- Day 2: Wednesday 25 March, 10:00 am – 5:00 pm, Venue: V&A Dundee
- Day 3: Thursday 26 March, 10:00 am – 3:00 pm, Venue: Hospitalfield, Arbroath
Days 1 and 2 will include afternoon visits to the McManus Gallery and Cooper Gallery. Full programme to be announced.
Cost to attend
- Engage Personal members: £150
- Engage Organisational Members: £250
- Non-Members: £300