MOMENTUM | Open Call, Coachworks
- LocationSouth East
- Artformcombined arts, film, interdisciplinary arts, visual arts
Coachworks seeks artists’ moving image, for the exhibition MOMENTUM. Submissions should respond to the themes of duration, time, labour, connectivity and how these have changed through the lens of technology and automation.
The selected works will be screened via an online platform initially with a physical exhibition at Coachworks later in the year due to the ongoing situation regarding COVID-19.
Coachworks is a repurposed industrial building situated in Dover Place, Ashford. The first historic maps of this area (circa mid nineteenth century) show the railway track extending up towards a series of buildings connecting the Old Corn Store and Mill. This industrial area was closely connected to the development of the railway, and a mix of units such as a brewery, a saw mill and tannery all existed as essential services for the community.
MOMENTUM will explore the conceptual framework between time and technology as a way of re-imagining these spaces.
Submissions via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please read submission guidelines below before submitting:
• No restrictions on premiere status; films under 10 mins will take preference
• No submission fee
• Only single-channel video works will be accepted
• Works must have been made between 2017 – 2020
• Screenings of selected works will be shown via an online platform on the 24th / 25th April
• Physical exhibition dates to be announced later on in the year.
• Successful applicants will be notified by 17th April.
To submit your video, please send a PDF or zip folder via email including:
• A video/sound link (Vimeo, soundcloud etc)
• Artist statement (max. 250 words)
• Artist bio (optional)
• Two JPEG image stills for catalogue documentation (up to 2MB)
If you have any specific access requirements please email: email@example.com