What is Dramaturgy? Zoom Workshop, Part of the Main
- LocationLondon, Online via Zoom
- Artformcombined arts, dance, interdisciplinary arts, theatre
- ContactOlivia Munk email@example.com
Friday May 15, 10 AM - 12 PM | £8
In this workshop, director, dramaturg and drag king Jo Tyabji will introduce participants to the process of dramaturgy and the role of the dramaturg.
This workshop is ideal for artists of all kinds who are interested in applying dramaturgy to live performance, including cabaret, drag, performance art, plays and more.
Participants will learn:
- What dramaturgs can offer a project
- What skills a dramaturg needs their tool box
- What to do if you don't know what a show needs
- How to break down scripts and establish structure
About Jo Tyabji
Jo Tyabji is a director and performance maker. Recent shows include My Name Is My Own (Southbank Centre), Motherland (UK Tour), and What's Far Is Near (Simultaneous live broadcast show performed in The Purcell Room, London and The Palace Hamra Theatre, Beirut) and Cocktails Before The Revolution (Zoom). She is Associate at Milk Presents, co-AD of ivo theatre and drags as Joé de Vivre. Recent work as dramaturg includes It Snows (CPT), Presto! (UK Tour) and Populist (forthcoming).