BlackInk New Writing Competition, Serendipity and Writing East Midlands
- LocationEast Midlands
- Artformlibraries, literature, theatre
- ContactSerendipity BlackInk@serendipity-uk.com
Serendipity and Writing East Midlands are looking for creative writers from the African and African Caribbean Diaspora based in the UK to submit short stories for BlackInk: New Writing Competition.
The initiative seeks to showcase new short fiction, applicants are invited to submit stories of up to 3,000 in any genre for consideration. The winning short stories will be published in BlackInk magazine for Black History Month in October 2020. The overall winner will receive £500 in prize money. Up to two runners-up will receive £250 each. In addition, all three will be given free entry to The Writers’ Conference, which is organised annually by Writing East Midlands to give new writers access to leading publishing industry professionals.
To enter this competition, applicants should:
- Write a short story with a maximum of 3,000 words
- Save their work as a pdf document, be labelled as “Your Name_Story Title”
- Ensure that the work submitted is previously unpublished and the applicant’s own original idea
- Include a short biography (100 words) and photograph of the author in the submission email.
Please send applications via email to BlackInk@serendipity-uk.com with the subject line BlackInk Competition 2020.
Deadline for applications: 3 August 2020, 11.59pm (BST)