Online Commissions and Mentors, filmpro
- Closes5th July 2020
- LocationEast, UK wide
- TypePart time
- Artformcombined arts, film, interdisciplinary arts, photography, visual arts, Other, Digital
- ContactChas de Swiet firstname.lastname@example.org
During lockdown creative production and exhibition has necessarily been moving onto online platforms. For some people it has been an easy transition, but many artists and audiences have found the experience either overwhelming or excluding.
In response, filmpro will support the development and delivery of 4 commissions for self-defining disabled emerging artists. These commissions will address the barriers that disabled artists face when producing work for online exhibition. Each emerging artist will be matched with a mentor – an expert in digital creative work.
These commissions aim to push the boundaries of digital platforms, while finding the tools to create work in new ways.
Commission 1: This commission will address barriers met by an artist transitioning to a digital space. These barriers may be socioeconomic factors; a lack of technical hardware or internet connection; access support; or simply a lack of previous motivation.
Commission 2: This commission will go to an artist who uses sound as their primary medium, rather than musical forms.
Commission 3: This commission will go to a transmedia artist using multiple digital platforms and formats.
Commission 4: This commission will be for a curator or tech developer who is interested in new and accessible ways of exhibiting digital, sound and transmedia art through online platforms. The content will be drawn from the other 3 commissions.
- The emerging artist (or curator / tech developer for #4) will receive £1,534 to include fees and production costs.
- The mentor will be paid for the equivalent of 5 days work at a rate of £236 / day, including all expenses.
- There is an additional allowance to help meet the access requirements of both the emerging artist (or curator / tech developer for #4) and the mentor.
An extra £1,000 will also be available to the artist to help overcome any barriers to establishing a digital practice.
An extra £500 will also be available to the curator / tech developer for any additional spend on software or platforms.
More info and how to apply: https://filmpro.net/fOC-callout/
Project info: https://filmpro.net/fOC/