Writing with Children: hang onto your creativity! (webinar), in partnership with the British Library
- LocationLondon, any (online)
- Artforminterdisciplinary arts, literature
- ContactMelissa Addey email@example.com
Becoming a parent is a great adventure, but often leaves little time for your own creative pursuits. If you love creative writing but now feel you have no time to write and have lost the creative spark, join us for this practical yet inspiring webinar.
You will receive a playback of the session plus all the slides afterwards, so if you get interrupted by the little ones (we know how it is!) then you can revisit the material whenever is convenient for you.
During the webinar we will cover:
- Finding time
- Ten ways into creative writing
- How everyday life can contribute to your writing life
- Sharing your writing passion with your children so you both do some creative writing!
- Some great resources you can explore after the session
- Next steps for when the creative spark has been ignited
Melissa wrote a book called 100 Things to do while Breastfeeding while breastfeeding and has mostly done her writing around her kids (now 8 and 5). She guest blogged on creativity + kids for Mslexia writing magazine, did a Creative Writing PhD with two kids in tow and is now a full-time self-published author with 13 books to her name, 11 of which were written with children around. Nope, not super-woman. Just loves writing and wants to make sure you can do your writing if you yearn for it.