Call for artists - FULL FRONTAL: Back To Nature, Full Frontal Eastbourne
- LocationSouth East
- Artformphotography, visual arts
- ContactJudith Alder firstname.lastname@example.org
Opportunity for artists, poets and writers based in and around the coastal zone from Newhaven to Hastings, East Sussex. Submissions of work are invited for an exhibition, Back to Nature to take place in empty shop windows in Eastbourne's town centre.
What: Proposals for new or existing work created through any discipline or media including but not limited to painting, drawing, collage, photography, text, digital and installation. Proposals should respond to, expand or interpret the themes of Back To Nature (see brief at https://www.curatorspace.com/opportunities/detail/full-frontal-back-to-nature/4599). The only restriction is that your work must be suitable for us to reproduce and install as large scale vinyl prints.
Proposals or submissions which explore, expand or speculate on the following ideas will be particularly welcome.
1. Beliefs, superstitions, folklore and magic associated with sickness, healing and the natural world: natural remedies and quack cures, elixirs and potions, the miracles and monsters of medicine and the relationship between belief, the natural world and healing
2. The significance of nature to human life, health and well-being and the benefits of getting back to nature, engaging with wildlife and the landscape
3. The natural cycles of life and how science and technology impact upon them
When: DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS/PROPOSALS 19 JULY 2020. Exhibition will open in autumn 2020.
Fee for artists: subject to crowdfunding campaign
Cost to artists: none
Enquiries: e-mail email@example.com
For full details of the curatorial themes and context, and to make a submission/proposal please visit https://www.curatorspace.com/opportunities/detail/full-frontal-back-to-nature/4599
FULL FRONTAL: Back to Nature is an artist-led project developed and produced as a cultural contribution to the town centre’s recovery from Covid-19 restrictions in partnership with Eastbourne Borough Council and Towner Eastbourne.