'The Speaking Dancer' - Free Online Workshops, Dance Research Studio
- LocationLondon, Nationwide
- Artformcombined arts, dance, interdisciplinary arts
- ContactFlavia Bertram email@example.com
‘The Speaking Dancer’ online workshops offer students coming from a professional and or performing arts degree background the opportunity to rethink their relationship to their practice, within the supportive and innovative context of the Dance Research Studio online. The workshops will introduce cross disciplinary training methods and stimuli which support the artist as both performer and author.
During the pandemic crisis we have all been severely challenged while struggling to maintain emotional and physical equilibrium within the new and strange reality. For many it will have been a time of isolation and splitting from the warmth and energy of family and friends. The idea of ‘The Speaking Dancer’ online, suggests the opposite of separation and links to research and practice around the thinking body, vocal dance and body/ mind connectedness. The workshops will be an opportunity to come together remotely as a group to create, play, learn and explore collaboratively. Focus areas will include:
- Exploring the dynamics of perception. Developing awareness of one’s own physical and autobiographical patterns.
- Emotional embodiment: investigation of senses and feelings in movement and vocalisation, both inside and outside the performance context.
- Developing skills and strategies to support both the physical and emotional aspects of performance work.
- Developing choreographic and visual skills as both a performer and a maker.
- Inhabiting and working with image and visual languages in performance.
‘The Speaking Dancer’ will be led by Jacky Lansley and Sally Dean.
For more information: http://danceresearchstudio.com/professional-development/cpd/
Saturday August 29th 2020
Saturday October 24th 2020
The workshops will run from 10:00 – 17:00 with breaks off zoom for at home R&D.
Where: via ZOOM
Cost: These workshops are free.
How to register: Please send a CV and short statement about why you are interested in participating to firstname.lastname@example.org.