The Daphne Oram Trust Emergency Support Grants, The Daphne Oram Trust
- LocationNorth West, National
- ContactSarah Angliss Trustee firstname.lastname@example.org
The Daphne Oram Trust Emergency Support Grants
The Daphne Oram Trust is giving out six emergency relief grants of £500 each to support individuals in the UK working in electronic music and sound. Recipients can be composers, sound designers, performers, artists, makers, curators, event producers, teachers, sound engineers or students. Apply onlineby 9pm on 3 August 2020.
The Daphne Oram Trust Emergency Support Grants each are open to all who work in electronic music and sound. However, applications are particularly encouraged from women and people of minority genders, BAME/POC practitioners, disabled practitioners and others who are currently under-represented in this area.
Deadline for submissions is 9pm on Monday 3 August 2020. Decisions and payments will be made by 21 August.
There is no requirement for you to propose or produce new work. These grants are offered as a means to overcome current financial hardship and to support your continuing development. However, if you are interested, we may be able to offer a platform to develop further online and live opportunities in the future.
Who can apply?
You are welcome to apply for this emergency relief grant if you are:
• A composer, sound designer, performer, artist, maker, curator, event producer, sound engineer, teacher or student.
• Working primarily with electronic sound or music.
• Age 18 or over.
• Based in the UK.
• Currently experiencing financial hardship due to the Covid-19 pandemic
• Not already receiving support from another Covid-19 relief fund for artists (e.g. from Help Musicians UK).
Applicants need to meet all six of these criteria.
The Daphne Oram Trust is registered with the UK Charity Commission (registration number 1134910).
Grant details: https://www.daphneoram.org/emergency/
Online application form: https://www.daphneoram.org/emergencyappform/