Nuffield Residency 2020, Lancaster Arts
- LocationNorth West
- Artformcombined arts, dance, film, interdisciplinary arts, photography, music, theatre, visual arts
- ContactAlice Booth email@example.com
"the support that was offered during the residency was really exemplary"
Tara Fatehi Irani, 2019/20 Nuffield Residency recipient.
Lancaster Arts is nationally acclaimed for the presentation, creation and development of innovative contemporary artworks. We are situated within a world-class university and support and broker relationships with academic colleagues. Please see our website for more information about what we do.
The Nuffield Residency will support an artist or collective to develop a project that is innovative, contemporary and/or cross artform, and requires a large (theatre) space for its development. This year’s project should address the theme of the climate crisis: can your work be a platform to raise awareness and imagine a more sustainable future? Your work can tie into Lancaster University’s renowned Environment Centre and many local environmental initiatives and activists, if you wish.
The 2020 residency offers:
- A cash investment of £1,500 (to cover fees, accommodation, travel, expenses, materials etc. (This can be used as match funding from other sources).
- 1 x 2 day initial exploratory residency in the week of 26 October 2020.
- 1 x 7 day period working in the Nuffield Theatre 23 – 29 of November 2020 (including 5 days with technical support)
- 2 x 1 hour mentoring sessions
- Dramaturgical support and feedback from Lancaster Arts Creative Producing team
- Additional creative time in other spaces (subject to availability) on Lancaster University campus, such as the eco hub
- Connections with academics at the university or local environmental activist groups, if desired
You will be required to:
- Present some outcomes of your residency week (e.g. a work in progress, an ideas share etc.)
- Contribute some material for Lancaster Arts’ online archive that gives some insight into your process (a blog, a video diary, pages from your sketch book etc.).
Application Deadline: 26 August 2020 at 12 noon
Shortlisting: week of 31 August
Offer made to successful applicant by: 3 September
Overnight visit to Lancaster: week of 28 October
Nuffield Residency: week of 23 November
More information and full details about how to apply can be found here.