Call Out for Short Films, ArtReach
- ContactDan Williamson Dan@artreach.biz
Journeys Into Film is the film and cinema strand of Journeys Festival International which celebrates the creative talent of exceptional refugee and asylum seeker artists and shares the refugee experience through great art. This year, from 28th September to 18th October 2020, the Festival will bring incredible experiences created by artists with lived experience of seeking sanctuary to audiences in digital spaces, through a vibrant mix of performances, exhibitions, and film screenings.
We are currently looking for artists to submit short film and video works to showcase at this year’s festival. Applications should seek to explore stories of belonging, migration, education and women’s empowerment and will highlight global issues of displacement and refuge.
To apply you must meet the following criteria:
- You are an artist with experience of seeking sanctuary; or your work responds to ongoing dialogue/collaboration with someone with a refugee or asylum seeking history.
- The call is for existing completed films and NOT new commissions
- Films must be under 30 mins duration
- Films must be able to be licenced to screen online, ideally being able to be made available for free for a limited time to our audience.
- Film makers must be available to talk about their work as a part of a public Q&A online after the film has been screened.
- Be eligible to work in the UK
Each selected film will receive a fee of £300 to screen the film and for the filmmaker to take part in a 40min online Q&A about it as part of the festival.
To apply please submit the following by email to email@example.com:
- A short proposal introducing the film
- Your CV (if available).
- Links to the film hosted online or video file transferred to the email address above
Application deadline: Friday 19th June, 10am
All work must be ready for online sharing by Tuesday 1st September 2020