Dance Agent (freelance) in Swindon, Lincoln & Luton, Jean Abreu Dance
- Closes30th April 2018
- LocationSouth East, East, Swindon, Lincoln, Luton
- TypePart time
- SalaryPaid (£25k-30k pro rata)
- ContactMirjam van der Schoot firstname.lastname@example.org
Jean Abreu Dance is recruiting freelance Dance Agents based in Swindon, Lincoln & Luton to work with us and engage audience members for the performances of our new dance work Solo for Two. We have toured in the East & South East of England over the last 10 years but would like to increase our audience engagement, tour more regularly and engage with a broader section of the performing arts community including community groups, students & local people.
The Dance Agent will be asked to engage groups of people in their town interested in seeing Solo For Two at their local venue. The goal is to sell tickets for each performance to groups & individuals. The audience target is:
- adults 12+
- interested in contemporary dance or live art/digital technology
- general public, dance students, performing arts students, typical attendees are between 18-45 years old
- local Brazilian groups interested in Brazilian artists and art
You will work closely with the presenter/venue who will allocate you a number of tickets to physically sell and secure the payments.
- Local & networked
- Strong communicator
- Experience in producing contemporary dance performances or working in dance is desirable
- Passionate about Jean Abreu Dance and/or interdisciplinary work that pushes artistic boundaries
Date: April/May 2018
Contract: Part time- up to 20 hours work. This is a freelance position payable on a completed timesheet that you will be supplied with and a standard invoice. You will be responsible for your own tax and NI contributions.
Pay: £15 per hour/£120 per day, total hours available 20 (max payment £300).
To apply for this role, please send your up to date CV or portfolio by email as soon as possible to Mirjam van der Schoot, freelance Marketing Manager for Jean Abreu Dance/Konzept Arts & Ideas: email@example.com. Outline in a short paragraph who & how you would target your local networks. If you have any questions or would like to chat about the idea, do arrange a phone conversation with Mirjam by email. Thank you for your interest.