Stage Engineering Apprenticeship, ROH
- Closes6th June 2018
- TypeFull time (apprenticeship)
- Artformcrafts, combined arts, dance, film, interdisciplinary arts, music, theatre, visual arts
Do you love the idea of being involved in the staging of live events and performances? Do you enjoy metalwork and working with your hands? Enjoy being part of a team and up for a challenge? Then a backstage career could be for you...
The ROH stages over 500 performances a year and our backstage teams are some of the best theatre technicians in the world. We want to give everyone the opportunity to get involved in this creative, exciting and growing industry and we think apprenticeships are great way to get started.
This year with the generous support of John Lyon`s Charity we will offer a Stage Engineering Apprenticeship on a Fixed-term contract for 3 years (3rd September 2018 - August 2021), Full-time (40 hours per week) based in Covent Garden. This will include study at Uxbridge College for a Level 3 Mechanical Engineering Apprenticeship.
Will I be paid?
Yes! £16,268 per year (£312.85 per week) before tax, rising 2.5% after successfully completing the first year. College fees will also be paid by the ROH.
Am I eligible?
- Due to the funding requirements of John Lyon`s Charity you must be living or have lived in any of the following boroughs for the past two years: Barnet, Brent, Camden, Ealing, Kensington and Chelsea, Hammersmith and Fulham, Harrow and the City of London and the City of Westminster.
- You must be aged between 18 years and 25 years old on 3rd September 2018.
- You must have English and Maths GCSEs at Grade C or above. ICT would be an advantage.
- You must not have completed a university degree or equivalent level qualification in the UK or elsewhere.
- You must have work authorisation for the UK.
We actively encourage BAME and disabled applicants and value the positive impact that difference has on our teams.
How to apply:
Please apply here, where you can also download a full job description and supporting material: http://recruitment.roh.org.uk/vacancyView.php?requirementId=3054
If you have any questions contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 0207 212 9124.
Closing date: 8.00 am on 6th June 2018
Practical assessments and tour: 20th June 2018
Interviews: 26th June 2018