Freelance Access Worker, Half Moon Theatre
- Closes1st July 2018
- TypePart time
- SalaryPaid (£15k-20k pro rata)
- ContactAndroulla Constantinou email@example.com
Due to a successful funding bid Half Moon Theatre are looking to expand its pool of freelance access workers to support its programme of work for young people. Half Moon produces a vast and diverse programme of activity for young people including seven Youth Theatres and a wide range of programmes in schools. We provide access workers for young people with physical disabilities, sensory impairments and learning disabilities participating in our projects who require additional support.
We are particularly keen to hear from people who have an understanding of applied theatre/arts practice within educational and community settings and have experience working with young people on the ASD spectrum.
DUTIES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- To give one to one support to disabled participants where needed to help them access the drama activities.
- To provide access support during the breaks, including intimate care where required.
- To accompany disabled participants on transport as required
- To make sure the participants are aware of the aim of the session and its direction.
- To assist the participants in establishing their personal targets and how those will be measured.
- To assist participants to develop ideas and help them to create work.
- To make observations about the sessions and provide feedback after each workshop.
- A commitment to equal opportunities.
- Adhere to Half Moon’s child protection policy and code of conduct.
- Commit to gathering feedback and input from participants and staff.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Continuing Professional Development –this includes skills sharing events and progression within our pool.
- An opportunity to be involved in innovative and interesting projects; making an impact on the lives of young Londoners.
- As an Ethical Independent Theatre Council Manager, Half Moon employs freelance artists on a one-off project or short-term contract basis with appropriate terms and conditions, including payment, in terms of fees or weekly salaries in line with sector wide standards.
If you are interested in this role, please send a CV and cover letter outlining your relevant experience to our Creative Learning Producer Androulla: firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you.