Filmmaker Position, Blueprint: Film
- Closes1st July 2018
- LocationLondon, Farringdon
- TypeFull time (paid internship)
- SalaryPaid (£15k-20k)
- ContactChris Searson firstname.lastname@example.org
3 month full-time paid Internship into Permanent Position
Internship: £1,000 per month
Contract: £19,000 per annum
Fantastic opportunity for a Film Production graduate to join a small video production team. We are seeking a filmmaker to join our team, support our creative producer on larger projects and shoot/edit independently.
Blueprint Film is an award winning video production company creating branded content, documentary film and social media campaigns. With clients ranging from global brands to social enterprises, we have the experience, ideas and passion to understand audiences and deliver fresh and engaging video productions.
The successful candidate should be educated to degree level in Film Production (or similar). In addition, you will need excellent time and project management skills, strong communication and above all, a passion for filmmaking.
We are looking for people who are really going to contribute and add value and not paint by numbers.
- An excellent camera operator - technically and creatively, with a showreel to prove it
- A competent FCPX editor
- To be innovative/ creative/inquisitive to push forward new initiatives…and not fear failure
- Additional media skills - animation, motion graphics, familiar with relevant software i.e. After Effects, Illustrator etc
- Workshop Experience - whether working with young people, or/and training people on how to use equipment/software
- Any additional post-production skills - grading, sound design/mixing etc.
ABOUT THE JOB
The role will be working under our Creative Producer and will entail a variety of duties, developing over time. From assisting on shoots though to self-shooting and editing projects.
Filmmaking with the Community
One aspect of the job will be working with our Foundation - making documentaries and short films within communities around London. This will be working alongside a creative workshop leader who will be leading and managing the projects; with the successful applicant filming and editing the work, and often guiding members of the community to making film content.