Archivist / Researcher, Blain|Southern
- Closes22nd June 2018
- TypeFull time
- SalaryPaid (£20k-25k)
- ArtformOther, Commercial Art
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS (Duties include but are not limited to the following):
- Manage both the inventory and contact records in the database system.
- Conduct research into artworks entered onto the system. This includes current ownership, provenance, exhibition and literature history research using tools including:
- BSL database
- Internal library/External libraries
- Artnet/Auction catalogues
- Online resources
- Manage gallery switchboard and forward incoming calls to relevant staff member.
- Write contextual essays on artworks when required.
- Create presentation documents on individual artworks and primary gallery artists for sales or museum proposals using InDesign.
- Present information to the sales team through research documents, email and discussion.
- Record this information accurately on the database, according to the company referencing guidelines.
- Populate client profiles with data found and gathered.
- Manage Artnet alerts, adding or updating relevant works on the database that are to go to auction.
- Cross reference auction catalogues from the Impressionist & Modern and Contempoary sales with the database.
- Monitor a variety of media outlets to continually update purchases and collection information on the internal database.
- Modify, reformat and resize images using Photoshop to save/archive on internal systems.
- Manage the library including purchase of books, staying up to date on recent publications and updating the library database.
- Project work.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- At least 1 years work experience with contemporary art, or in an art setting.
- Knowledge of E-mail, Spreadsheet, Word Processing, Presentation software, Photoshop, Excel & InDesign.
- Extreme discretion with confidential and sensitive information.
- Excellent research ability, and acute attention to detail.
- Ability to manage long-term projects.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Strong typing and data input skills. Impeccable spelling and grammatical skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including superior written and spoken communication.
To apply please send CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org