Call for Expressions of Interest - Garden Project Commission, Bow Arts Trust
- Closes29th June 2018
- TypePart time
- SalaryPaid (£25k-30k pro rata)
- Artformvisual arts, education
- ContactHelen Bradbury firstname.lastname@example.org
Expressions of Interest are invited for two new garden spaces for a primary school in Dagenham. The Expression of Interest should consist of a short CV/biography clearly demonstrating prior and relevant experience, and up to 6 examples of previous works. Format must be digital.
The commission is for the design and construction of two garden spaces in the school grounds to be used by children as a space of reflection and mindfulness. The design should be in response to consultation with the children from the local primary school, through in-school consultations/observations.
The successful artists/designers/makers will:
-Plan and deliver in-school workshops in order to involve pupils in the research, development and design of the space
-Develop activities/prototypes to test with pupils
-Create the artwork, considering easy assembling/dismantling (if necessary), weathering, safety and durability
The school is interested in artists/designers/makers able to create design solutions that:
- Relate to concepts of well-being, mindfulness and reflection
- Be a sheltered space of tranquillity and calm
- Include some elements of abstract sculptures/installations which could have interactive elements (could include tactile or sensory aspects)
- Include seating areas
The full brief will be available for the selected shortlist only.
Artist Fee: £2,500
Materials, fabrication and installation (up to £5,000)
(This includes VAT)
- Practical Considerations All aspects of the space should be durable, permanent and safe for the school environment. The selected artists/designers should have availability between September 2018 - Summer 2019 (exact timescales will be available in full brief.)
Download the full brief here
Where: Please send your expression of interest digitally to email@example.com. Please mark your submission - Expression of Interest followed by your first and last name