Freelance Fundraising Researcher, Unlimited Theatre
- Closes2nd July 2018
- LocationNorth East, Leeds
- TypePart time
- SalaryPaid (£25k-30k pro rata)
- ContactAlison McIntyre firstname.lastname@example.org
Unlimited Theatre is looking to contract a freelance Fundraising Researcher to support the development of our Fundraising Strategy 2018 – 2022.
The Fundraising Researcher will primarily be concerned with resource investigation, and identifying potential funders and partners with a strong fit to elements of the artistic programme.
The contract is offered initially at a fee of £1,800, representing between 8 and 15 days’ work, depending on experience.
- Familiarisation with artistic projects 2018-22, current and previous funders and partners.
- Desk research to identify a range of new funding sources (charitable, corporate, governmental) which have potential fit to projects.
- Consult with Executive Director and Artistic Director re suitability of potential funds
- Work with Executive Director to develop Fundraising Strategy 2018 – 22.
- Write some funding applications as time/ suitability indicates
- Good research skills either in fundraising or a transferable field
- Working knowledge of fundraising and funders, especially charitable trusts and foundations
- Methodical and an eye for detail
- Ability to understand, and write fluently in, basic fundraising terminology
- A passion for, and preferably knowledge of, the arts, especially live and performing arts
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team
Unlimited Theatre was founded 20 years ago in Leeds where it is still based. The company comprises a small team, all of whom are part time except the Artistic Director, Jon Spooner, who is based in St Albans. We work flexibly from an office base in Quarry Hill. www.unlimited.org.uk
We are interested in hearing from people with a range of experience – it could suit somebody in early career, keen to develop in this area, or a more experienced fundraiser who could achieve the brief in a shorter time.
Timing : July – October 2018 To apply please send a CV and covering letter to Tessa Gordziejko, Executive Director email@example.com by 2nd July 2018.