Gallery Administrator Assistant, Trinity Art Gallery
- Closes30th July 2018
- TypePart time (paid internship)
- SalaryPaid (£10k-15k pro rata)
- Artformcombined arts, Fine Art
- ContactIan Felton Info@trinityart.gallery
We are currently recruiting at Trinity Art Gallery, based at London City Island, E14. The role also includes admin duties relating to our art studios at Trinity Buoy Wharf, London E14.
To be successful, the candidate must be very well organized, be able to work under their own initiative and maintain excellent business communication. Experience or strong personal interest in galleries, fine art and various other artistic practises may be an advantage. This job may suit a graduate looking to gain experience in the art world.
Job responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following:
1) Produce monthly newsletters and send them to email subscribers.
2) Basic bookkeeping and accounting
3) Planning the next art exhibitions
4) Curative involvement in art shows
5)Liaising with artists
6) Brainstorm marketing, social media and advertising plans to assist in gallery and studio promotions.
7) Maintain and update a customer database with every walk in customers and sales.
8) Update website with any new artworks
9) Assist in organising and promoting events and attend said events
10) Actively call and email customers when new work come in or to follow up with work they've shown interest in.
11) Learn the artists and styles we sell, keeping up with what is new and what's happening on the contemporary art scene.
Qualities and Skills Required
• Self- motivation and drive
• Great team worker but also happy to work alone
• Willingness to learn
• Flexible and enjoys change
• Strong planning and organisational skills
• Computing skills with programs including Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and Adobe Creative Suite.
• Frequent user of social media, preferably in a promotional capacity
• Be naturally welcoming, assertive and reflective of customer’s mood to create a happy and fun retail environment.
Please send through a cover letter explaining your relevant experience and why you are suitable for the role, including your CV and stating your earliest start date to : firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Type: Part Time and possibly Full Time position(s) available.
Rate of pay: £10 per hour.