Freelance Filmmaker - Battle Bus Project, London Transport Museum
- Closes5th July 2018
- TypePart time
- SalaryPaid (£10k-15k pro rata)
- Artformfilm, museums
- ContactJenna Stevens email@example.com
Battle Bus is a Heritage Lottery Fund (HLF), funded project delivered by London Transport Museum which commemorates the centenary of the First World War (FWW). In 2018 the project will be in its final year of a five-year programme of events and activities which began in 2014 with the restoration of an early twentieth-century B-type bus to operational condition.
In 2018 the Battle Bus project is exploring the theme of Remembrance 100 years on from the end of the First World War. The Battle Bus Apprentice is developing an Outreach Volunteer project aimed at 18 – 25 year olds, who will develop and film a short film piece that will help engage a wide range of audiences with this theme and to act as a legacy for the final year of the project.
We are now looking to recruit a filmmaker that can work alongside the Battle Bus Apprentice and Battle Bus Learning Officer to develop and deliver this Outreach Volunteer Project. This will involve creating sessions that enable the volunteers to learn skills in filming and equipment use, storyboard creation and editing.
Key experience required:
- Demonstrable experience and knowledge of creating short film pieces, including the use of camera equipment, developing storyboards and editing.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with demonstrable experience of working collaboratively with a diverse range of learners, including 18 – 25 year olds.
- Experience of developing and delivering engaging film workshops in a heritage, or other education setting, adapting content to suit a variety of learning needs.
- Experience of successful project delivery, working towards specific project and participant outcomes and working within a given budget and timeframe.
There is a fee of £4000 for this project.
Appointment to this role will be made based on applications of interest and an informal interview.
Applications should include your CV, examples of your work and a covering letter outlining how your experiences match the person specification in the job description.
For a full Job description and to apply please email:
Kamiah Cowell, Battle Bus Apprentice, firstname.lastname@example.org
This freelance opportunity has been funded by the Heritage Lottery Fund and London Transport Museum Friends.