Visitor Services Assistant, Watts Gallery - Artists' Village
- Closes21st June 2018
- LocationSouth East
- TypeFull time
- SalaryPaid (£20k-25k)
- Artformcombined arts, museums, visual arts
- ContactKatherine Smith email@example.com
This is an exciting and important role assisting in the day-to-day running of Watts Gallery Artists’ Village, a developing multi-site museum, gallery and estate in Compton, Guildford, founded by G F and Mary Watts in the late 19th century.
The Visitor Services Assistant is responsible for supporting the Visitor Services with our important volunteer programme of 325 volunteers including the administration of the volunteer stewards’ rota. The Visitor Services Assistant is part of team of three staff including a full time Visitor Services Manager and part time Volunteer Events Manager. The Visitor Services Assistant will share the role of Duty Manager with the Visitor Services Manager during the week and weekends, opening and closing the buildings, ensuring volunteer stewards receive a supportive and enjoyable volunteer experience and ensuring the safety of visitors and the collection. Key projects will be the recruitment and retention of volunteers and to ensure that events run seamlessly.
The Visitor Services Team is one of three teams in the Public Programmes, Learning and Visitor Services Department.
Skills & Experience:
- Excellent communication skills – ability to communicate with a wide range of people.
- Experience of working in a museum/gallery/ heritage setting or comparable busy public facing role.
- Experience of working with volunteers preferred
- Good IT skills.
Knowledge & Qualifications:
- A relevant degree, NVQ or apprenticeship qualification - heritage, cultural studies preferred.
- High Standard of written English and Numeracy
Full job description and person specification can be downloaded from our website: https://www.wattsgallery.org.uk/about-us/careers/
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter to Katherine Smith, firstname.lastname@example.org by 9am on Thursday 21 June, 2018.
Interviews will be held on Tuesday 3 July.