Gallery Assistant, Belmacz Ltd
- Closes25th June 2018
- TypeFull time
- SalaryPaid (£20k-25k)
- Artformcombined arts, film, interdisciplinary arts, visual arts
- ContactChloe Hodge email@example.com
This commercial gallery currently represents 16 international artists, holds approximately eight exhibitions a year - curated by Belmacz and guest curators - and takes part in art fairs, exhibitions and events across London and wider Europe.
Belmacz is looking for a professional, enthusiastic and well presented individual, with exceptional contemporary arts knowledge, to support its busy programme and its team of five persons, The Gallery Assistant role is front facing and requires a friendly and polite manner in addition to the ability to work at a fast pace, to the changing daily needs of the gallery, artists and clients.
Main Tasks include:
• Representing Belmacz at all times, welcoming a wide spectrum of visitors and guests.
• Ensuring all exhibition materials are up to date and in place.
• Supervising the gallery space, and ensuring that it is presented to the highest standards at all times.
• Dealing with visitor enquiries by telephone, email and in person and providing information, whilst sharing knowledge and passion.
• Assisting with travel and accommodation as requested.
• Handling all incoming and outgoing mail and couriers, and logging all courier deliveries.
• Monitoring the gallery’s general email account.
• Assisting with gallery events.
• Administrating the gallery calendar.
• Assist the team in looking after the office spaces.
• Updating the gallery website.
• Ad-hoc discussions with the gallery team as to exhibition planning and decision-making.
The successful candidate will have:
• BA in a related field
• A good nature and a knowledge and enthusiasm for contemporary art
• Experience working with artists
• Exceptional customer service skills, professional, friendly and a team player
• Excellent administration and IT skills
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, preferably multilingual
• Superior organisational skills with ability to handle multiple priorities
To apply please send an up to date CV and cover letter explaining how you fit the criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm 18th June 2018.