Creative Learning & Community Partnerships Manager, Ambassador Theatre Group
- Closes27th June 2018
- LocationNorth East
- TypeFull time
- SalaryPaid (£20k-25k)
- ContactRecruitment Team email@example.com
Creative Learning & Community Partnerships is a dynamic department which delivers a high quality programme of cultural education activities.
Sunderland Empire is a spectacular grade two listed large scale receiving house venue, hosting a vibrant programme featuring touring theatre such as Disney’s Lion King and National Theatre's War Horse, as well as comedy, music and community performances.
Creative Learning & Community Partnerships is a dynamic department which delivers a high quality programme of award winning cultural education which is locally driven, with national significance!
The Creative Learning & Community Partnerships Manager will lead Sunderland Creative Learning in high profile strategic audience development projects, exciting and complex partnership ventures, and a long term sustained programme for a diverse range of local participants.
- One or both of the following: educated to degree level or alternative, substantial relevant experience
- At least three years’ experience of producing and delivering relevant Cultural Education programmes
- Proven team management and partnership working experience
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal
- Experience of project management, including excellent finance management, and strong development experience
- Experience in collating information for monitoring and evaluation of funded projects, and general internal evaluation and reporting, including creation of case studies.
- Previous history of working within or in partnership with theatre, dance or theatre in education companies
- In depth understanding of safeguarding best practice including knowledge of the appropriate child protection legislation and DBS procedures
- Knowledge of key policy and agenda as pertinent to the cultural and education sectors
- Experience of working with a broad cross section of communities including learners & audience members with additional needs.
- Understanding of marketing & press and its role within Creative Learning
Desirable Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Good contacts in culture, education and community partnerships contexts
- Good knowledge of drama, dance and theatre genres
- Experience in recruiting arts workers and practitioners
- Knowledge of GDPR in the context of Creative Learning
We intend to hold interviews at the Sunderland Empire in the week commencing 2nd July.
To apply please click: