Musical Director, Carlisle Community Choir
- Closes31st July 2018
- LocationNorth West
- TypePart time
- SalaryPaid (£50k+ pro rata)
- ContactNeil Milligan email@example.com
Carlisle Community Choir is looking to appoint a Musical Director from 23rd September 2018
Carlisle Community Choir was formed in 2012 and is open to everyone regardless of musical ability. This SATB choir numbers over 80 members and sings a wide variety of musical styles. We rehearse every Sunday from 3.30pm to 5.30pm during term time at Holy Trinity Church Carlisle.
The choir strives to deliver performances of the highest standard and has taken part with success in Choir of the Year, Manchester Amateur Choral Competition and the Carlisle Music Festival, where the choir won their class in 2018.
The person we are looking for will have –
- Experience of working with a large choir of varying musical experiences, the ability to explain things in different ways and motivate a large group of people.
- Wide knowledge of choral repertoire in a variety of styles and the ability to select an appropriate range of music for the choir to sing.
- The ability to challenge and develop the choir and our performances in an enjoyable and productive way.
- A firm commitment to the choir, our rehearsals and our performances.
- Experience of working with a committee and the commitment to work together with ourproactive committee to achieve the best for the choir.
- The ability to conduct rehearsals and plan an effective rehearsal schedule over the season todeliver performances of a high standard.
- The ability to work carefully with the choir’s professional accompanist and have connectionswith other professional musicians and singing teachers who might work with the choir.
The role will attract an hourly rate of £40 and reasonable travel expenses will also be paid.
Applications and requests for further information should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date of 31st July 2018 at 5pm. Applications should include a current CV and covering letter outlining your vision for the choir and how you meet the seven criteria outlined above.
Interviews and auditions will be held on 16th September 2018.