Finance Assistant: Income, The British Museum
- Closes27th June 2018
- TypeFull time
- SalaryPaid (£20k-25k)
The British Museum is seeking a Finance Assistant to work as part of the income function in the accounts processing team of the Finance department. You will ensure that cash is accurately counted and banked, financial data is accurate, and that the service provided to departments is of a high standard. This position is working to a rota style pattern and the successful applicant will be expected to work weekends with rest days provided.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Ensuring cash is accurately counted and banked daily
- Preparation of daily floats
- Weekly petty cash count and reconciliation
- Ordering and management of change required by Retail Department
- Cash advances are provided as requested by departments
- Donation boxes are emptied per the timetable
- Perform control account reconciliations as directed
- Preparation and processing of cheque banking
- Reviewing credit card returns ensuring compliance with Museum group policy
- Assist with enquiries to the department and provide information to management as requested.
For this role, we are seeking an enthusiastic individual who is able to work well with others and take on other work in the department during times of heavy workload or staff absence. With excellent verbal and written communication skills, you will be able to build strong working relationships within the Museum and with suppliers. The successful candidate will be able to work swiftly and accurately with figures, maintaining consistency and accuracy in processing a high volume of transactions. Educated to GCSE level, or equivalent, you will be PC literate with strong inputting and spreadsheet skills.
For further information and to apply for this role, please go to https://www.britishmuseum.org/about_us/jobs.aspx