Harrow Lest We Forget 1918 - Artist call out, Harrow Arts Centre
- Closes24th August 2018
- TypePart time
- SalaryPaid (£10k-15k pro rata)
- Artformcrafts, combined arts, interdisciplinary arts, visual arts
- ContactBlanche Fitzgerald firstname.lastname@example.org
This November, Harrow Arts Centre will commemorate the 100th anniversary of the end of World War I. Harrow 1918: Lest We Forget is a Heritage Lottery Funded project focused on commemorating the heritage and legacy of WW1 in Harrow through the celebration of notable individuals and communities from Harrow and popular culture during the era.
Harrow Arts Centre is looking for an artist, or artist collective, to lead the development of a participatory installation which will provide opportunities for the Harrow community to create a beautiful ‘Living War Memorial’ of poppies. The installation will be built during our takeover event on Remembrance Sunday, 11th November 2018 and will be in situ for one week.
Your design can be for either outdoors/indoors or both, but must be suitable for a busy working Arts Centre. Please send your written proposals (of no more than 1 page) for a poppy installation to include:
- Full colour drawing of your design as a jpeg
- Your proposed materials
- An outline of how participants will engage with the creation of the artwork
- How the artwork responds to the legacy of WW1 in Harrow
- Short explanation of the inspiration behind your design, and how you think it will contribute to the overall project.
- Your CV
- Short biography about you/your work
Please either email to email@example.com or via post to: Blanche Fitzgerald, Harrow Arts Centre, 171 Uxbridge Road, Harrow, Middlesex HA5 4EA.
Deadline for entries: Friday, 24th August 2018
Fee: £900 including £500 for materials
- Entrants must be aged 18 or over
- All submissions must be entirely your own work
- You may submit more than one design, but only one entry per person will be selected.
- We reserve the right to withdraw any entries which contain material that could be regarded as offensive
- comfortable working with large mixed ability groups
- has some experience of creating artistic work for exhibition
- has some experience of presenting their work in public and/or have experience of teaching artistic skills to others
- has an interest in heritage, and responding to the WW1 commission brief