Leeds Writers' Retreat Rep Needed, WHQ
- Closes20th July 2018
- TypePart time
- SalaryPaid (£15k-20k pro rata)
- ContactNatalie Reilly firstname.lastname@example.org
WHQ NEEDS YOU! It is finally time for us to venture north and bring our procrastination-busting Writers’ Retreats past the Watford Gap, starting with Manchester.
Our ideal candidate will be an early career writer who is looking to branch out into teaching/facilitating, who is approachable, professional, lively and fun, and has interesting things to say about writing. Bonus points for a love of the Shakespeare-old literary tradition of inventing innovative swear words.
We need you to:
- Facilitate our monthly writing retreat in Manchester (full training given)
- Promote the retreat via social media, networking and other channels
- Have an Internet connection and laptop, be familiar enough with WordPress to update your own event listings (with training, natch), and to not run screaming from social media.
You need to be:
- An early career writer with a publishing history (doesn’t have to be a major publishing history. A handful of short stories here and there is fine).
- Able to run one retreat every month on a Saturday or a Sunday.
- Be technologically literate enough to: exist on social media, update events in WordPress, use Slack, generally be aware of this new fangled Internet thing and how it works. This is essential. If you’re thinking ‘oh I can learn that stuff’ but are not already doing that stuff, then sorry this position is not for you. We can’t be doing with no eggs messing up our sweet, sweet stylings.
This is a freelance position.
We pay £80 per retreat plus commission depending on attendee numbers.
We expect you to participate in some marketing outside of retreat days. This mostly involves posting daft gifs on Facebook so hopefully we’re not unreasonable about that.
We will give you full training to set up and run one of our famous one-day, procrastination-busting writing retreats.
Go here to find out more and apply.