Company Stage Manager, Akademi
- Closes18th July 2018
- TypePart time
- SalaryPaid (£25k-30k pro rata)
- Artformdance, theatre
- ContactTim Foxon firstname.lastname@example.org
Akademi is seeking a Company Stage Manager for its acclaimed dance theatre production The Troth (directed and choreographed by Gary Clarke) which has a two-week run at Edinburgh Fringe (as part of Army@The Fringe 2018).
The immediate need is for a CSM to join the company for the Edinburgh run (10-25 August, with availability required from 6 August onwards for rehearsals in London). This is a three-week contract.
Ideally the CSM will also be available for our Autumn UK tour (3-23 November) - this will be a further three-week contract.
The CSM is required to manage and support the production on tour including:
- stage management of the show
- managing costumes and props
- ensuring dancers' welfare and the company's health and safety on tour
- supporting the Technical Manager on get-ins/get-outs
- liaising with the Project Manager on travel, accomodation and other logistical matters
- preparing schedules and co-ordinating the company on tour
Experience of working on similar dance/theatre touring productions is essential. Experience of working in adapted/non-theatre spaces is highly desirable.
Fees are £471 per week plus holiday pay and touring allowances in line with ITC/Equity guidelines.
To apply, please submit a CV and your availability to email@example.com as soon as possible.