Kaypo Che! International Residency, Artcore
- Closes17th September 2018
- LocationEast Midlands
- TypePart time
- SalaryPaid (£10k-15k pro rata)
- Artformcrafts, combined arts, interdisciplinary arts, museums, photography, visual arts
- ContactChiara Dellerba firstname.lastname@example.org
Artcore invites UK artists to apply to our International Residency in Baroda (Vadodara), Gujarat state, India, in January 2019.
The International Residency is open to two UK artists and it will be hosted at the Reliance India Ltd. township in Baroda city, in western India. There will be about 6-7 Indian artists joining in locally. The Residency and Artist Camp will be held in the beautiful, green surroundings of the Reliance township with a lot of peacocks and hornbills and other birds. January is also a very pleasant time to visit India when the weather is cool. The Utran (Uttarayan) or the Kite Festival is celebrated with great enthusiasm and vibrancy across the state of Gujarat (where Vadodara is situated) and the whole city is up on the terraces and roof tops flying colourful kites. It’s a wonderful time and as artists, you will not just have a great ‘visual’ time but can join in the kite-flying as well.
For full information including the application pack please click here
How to apply
If you wish to be considered for this opportunity please complete and send the required information to email@example.com by Midnight 17/09/2018.
• A full written proposal (max. 1 side of A4)
• Artist portfolio
• Artist statement and two referees
• A letter indicating your desire to participate in the project as per the aim of the project and the brief given above.
• A detailed note on how your residency and then artworks will incorporate your idea
Please include ‘Expression of Interest- Kaipo Che residency’ in the subject line of the email.
Further information about this brief or to have a discussion about your ideas please contact Chiara Dellerba via e-mail (Chiara@artcoreuk.com) or by telephone: 01332 384561