Youth Arts & Heritage Project Coordinator/Facilitator, Creative Scene
- Closes24th August 2018
- LocationYorkshire, Kirklees
- TypePart time
- SalaryPaid (£40k-50k pro rata)
- ArtformOther, Youth Arts and Heritage
- ContactVicky Holliday email@example.com
Freelance Contract from September 18 - Dec 19
Approx. 2.5 days per month minimum
We are looking for Youth Arts & Heritage Project Coordinator/Facilitator to take the lead on a
process that will enable young people to successfully engage with the Paper Peace project. The
successful candidate will work with Creative Scene and heritage partners to support these young
people to create and/or commission their own section of the event.
The role requires energy, initiative, strong organisational & interpersonal skills.
The Ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate:
• local knowledge of youth support services and the ability to seek out opportunities for
engaging young volunteers in training;
• awareness of local cultural offer to be able to signpost young volunteers to other
opportunities for training and employment;
• experience of working with 18-25 year olds in an informal setting – being respectful,
supportive and enabling trainees to take risks;
• a willingness to share their experience and be relatable to young volunteers;
• experience of complex partnership projects;
• strong administrative skills with proven track record of budget management, monitoring
• understanding of production process (including risk assessments + production schedules);
• experience of or interest in working with archives and / or heritage collections;
• knowledge of outdoor & large scale work;
• experience of working as a producer, programmer or commissioner.
To find out more about the role and to apply click here
To find out more about Creative Scene visit www.creativescene.org.uk
The deadline for completed applications is Friday 24th August 12 noon Interviews will take place in early September/early October.