Male performer for Rabbit Girl & The Search for Wonder, 154 Collective
- Closes28th August 2018
- TypePart time
- SalaryPaid (£25k-30k pro rata)
- Artformcombined arts, theatre
154 seeks to engage a male performer for the development and national touring of ‘Rabbit Girl & The Search for Wonder’ – A new storytelling production for children aged 3 to 8 and their families for small-scale theatre spaces and non-traditional community venues.
About 154 Collective:
154 Collective is an international, multi artform group, including Painters, Writers, Theatre Makers, Photographers, Animators, Dancers and Musicians. We create work in an array of artforms including theatre, exhibitions, publications, music albums and public art. We seek to tell stories from unusual and fun perspectives, exploring how the collaboration of artists and artforms can influence process and presentation.
About ‘Rabbit Girl & The Search for Wonder’:
Rabbit Girl and the Search for Wonder is an immersive multi art form play which combines puppetry, performance, live music and animation to create a magical and intimate experience for an audience of up to 40.
Character Profile: ‘Dad’
We are looking to Cast the role of ‘Dad’, we require a male actor with experience in devising and improvisation to play this role – we are particularly keen to hear from actors who identify as being from a South Asian background.
Playing Age: We are not predefining the age of this character, only that he can believably play the father of an 8-year-old.
- Professional touring and performance experience
- Excellent storyteller
- Comfortable with devising, improvisation and script work
- Ability to stay in character whilst facilitating audience interaction
- Experience in Interactive Theatre
- Workshopping new writing
- Experience in performing work for children and families
- Experience of theatre that uses music and multiple artforms
- Small-scale touring experience
October-November 2018 and February-March 2019
£550 per week
Tuesday 11 September
For more information please see: https://154collective.co.uk/blog/