Theatre Technician, The Theatre, Chipping Norton
- Closes15th October 2018
- LocationSouth East
- TypeFull time
- SalaryPaid (£15k-20k)
- Artformmusic, theatre
- ContactWill Treasure email@example.com
The Theatre Technician, working closely with the Senior Technician to deliver all technical aspects of the Theatre, from our very busy receiving theatre work and in house participation work and taking a key role in our 3 in house produced shows per year.
The job is diverse and demands the usual degree of flexibility on hours, a high level of multi-tasking, organisation and lots of energy. We have a small team so we expect the Theatre Technician to have a good range of skills and understanding across Lighting, sound, video and stage. We are looking for people who will shape the department and further develop our reputation for being one of the friendliest theatres in the country.
The primary responsibilities are:
- Represent The Theatre at performances of visiting shows, upholding our values and character at all times.
- To stage manage, and operate LX/Sound/Video for shows that require it
- Prepare for, and work get ins/get outs and to assist companies in rigging and focusing LX and/or sound equipment.
- Liaise with the technical staff of visiting companies regarding technical requirements and discuss their needs and possible contras
- Under the supervision of the Producer and Production Manager, to contribute to all technical aspects and requirements of The Theatre’s in-house productions.
- If appropriate for all parties, be involved in show transfers.
- Join the Production team for in-house productions, including pantomime, in an appropriate capacity. Please note that the production run of the pantomime can be up between 8-9 weeks in length.
For further details please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a pack
If you wish to apply, please send an up to date CV along with a covering letter to email@example.com.