Photographer, Splaat Media Ltd
- Closes1st October 2018
- TypePart time
- SalaryPaid (£15k-20k pro rata)
- ContactGreg McClarnon firstname.lastname@example.org
Splaat Media is an award winning photography company. We photograph events across the UK.
We’re going through a really exciting stage of growth and are looking for more photographers to join our team.
Each year, we provide over 1600 schools, groups and corporates with our photography service.
All new photographers are put through our two day paid training programme where we show you our unique way of capturing, editing and displaying our photographs. Once this training is complete, we’ll pair you with a senior photographer to work alongside. After this introduction, you’ll be working independently or in a small team, taking photographs of our customers events across the UK.
- Making a friendly and positive first impression with our customers
- Capturing high quality photographs of the event
- Editing and printing these photographs
- Creating an attractive and eye-catching display of these photographs at the event
- Helping our customers place their photo orders
Equipment - required
- A DSLR camera with suitable lens
- A laptop capable of editing and printing photographs when on location
- Adobe Lightroom
Equipment - desired but not necessary
- Reliable access to a car
- A very good understanding of manual camera controls i.e. how shutter speed, aperture and ISO affect a photograph. This is very important since event photography is fast-paced and you’ll need to change settings quickly and competently
- Confidence to meet and interact with our customers independently and professionally
- A real passion for photography and a desire to be a successful photographer
- An enthusiastic and professional attitude
- Between £7.83 p/h and £10.00 p/h
- Travel expenses
- Hotel accommodation expenses
- Subsistence allowances
Hours of work
Regular and casual. The months October to January are our busiest time and up-to 6 days of work, per week are available if requested.
Various locations across the UK and you will have the opportunity to travel. Hotel accommodation expenses, travel expenses and subsistence allowances will be provided.
Application closing date
Monday 3rd September 2018. However, roles will be assigned on a first come, first served basis.