Volunteer Treasurer, Art Space Portsmouth
- Closes15th October 2018
- LocationSouth West
- TypePart time (trustee)
- Artformvisual arts
- ContactColin Merrin email@example.com
Do you believe in supporting emerging artistic talent and in developing the cultural health of the UK? If so, we would love to talk to you! Art Space Portsmouth is seeking an individual who is enthusiastic about the arts to join its Board in the role of Treasurer.
Art Space Portsmouth, founded in 1980, is a valued provider of low-cost artist studios with a wider network of off-site artist members, both early career and established creative practitioners. Located in a converted chapel, Art Space has a distinguished history as a creative hub for visual arts activity in Portsmouth and South East Hampshire.
This is an exciting opportunity to help drive the success of our artist-led organisation. You will be required to attend Board meetings once a quarter, and alongside your responsibilities as Treasurer, it is estimated the role will be equivalent of half a day per month.
We are looking for someone who is experienced in financial account management, either retired or working, with experience of managing accounts.
The role includes the following responsibilities:-
- Work closely with the Chair of Trustees and the Studio & Programme Manager to ensure the smooth financial running of our small charity
- Provide advice and guidance to the Chair and trustees regarding the annual setting of budgets and business plans
- Review management accounts and advise the Chair and trustees on actions
- Represent and advise the Chair and trustees on all financial matters including the annual report and accounts
- Liaise with audit partners and the charity’s bookkeeper where necessary
An induction will be provided by our retiring Treasurer.
Applications are welcomed regardless of age, disability, gender, marital status, race, nationality or ethnic origin, religion, or sexual orientation.
Send a CV and covering letter detailing why this position interests you, to the Chair, Board of Trustees, firstname.lastname@example.org