Events and Careers Assistant, BIMM
- Closes28th September 2018
- TypeFull time
- SalaryPaid (£20k-25k)
- ContactLee Flaherty firstname.lastname@example.org
About BIMM Institute
BIMM, The British and Irish Modern Music Institute, has colleges in seven cities where music matters most – London, Berlin, Dublin, Brighton, Manchester, Bristol and Birmingham – and is proud to be the largest and leading provider of contemporary music education in Europe.
Our eight BIMM colleges have over 50 years’ experience between them in helping students launch successful careers in the music industry.
We offer a broad range of Higher and Further Education music courses – including BA Honours Degrees, nationally accredited Diplomas and Postgraduate Teaching Certificates. Our professional highly vocational and real-world courses include studies in guitar, bass, drums, vocals, songwriting, music production, music business, music journalism and event management.
This role provides a unique opportunity to assist the BIMM Artist Development, Events, Guests and Careers teams.
The position will involve assisting with day to day administration as well as getting involved with hosting masterclasses and assisting at the external BIMM events – such as our end of term gigs and showcases throughout term time.
You will also be responsible for assisting the team in the smooth running of all Careers Hub activity, student marketing and the communication of events to the BIMM online marketing team.
Essential criteria for applicant
- Exceptional organisational skills; the ability to work effectively on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, able to communicate effectively with colleagues and contacts at all levels within BIMM and wider music industry.
- Computer literacy, specifically in Microsoft Word and Excel.
Please follow the link to the full job description and to apply: https://bit.ly/2QswWRi