Daily Team Stage Technician (Lx bias), Royal Opera House
- Closes1st February 2019
- TypeFull time
- SalaryPaid (£30k-40k)
- Artformcrafts, combined arts, dance, interdisciplinary arts, music, theatre, visual arts
- ContactHR email@example.com
The Royal Opera House produces some of the best opera and ballet in the world. Our Technical Department plays a leading part in ensuring our performances are of the highest quality by delivering technical excellence for every performance and rehearsal.
We are currently recruiting for experienced an stage technician with a lighting bias. The work entails lighting, rigging, special effects, assembling and setting scenery, hangings and props. Working on a day on/day off shift basis in a large team, the technician will work primarily in the lighting area.
The ideal candidates will have:
- A strong technical track record in running live theatre rehearsals and performances
- Strong lighting skills and knowledge including creating plots, rigging, de-rigging, systems and follow spots, with a sound understanding of stage craft and scenery assembly
- ETC Lighting Control experience would be an advantage
- Strong communication skills and be team player.
In addition, any professional electrical, Health and Safety or computer skills would be advantageous for this position.
We actively encourage BAME and disabled applicants and value the positive impact that difference has on our teams.
A full job description is available below. To apply, please copy and paste the link provided:
Please contact the Human Resources Department via firstname.lastname@example.org or Tel:+442072129124 if you have any access requirements or queries.
Closing Date for applications:8.00am, Friday 1st February 2019
Applicants must have work authorisation for the UK.