IS Programme Manager, The British Museum
- Closes23rd January 2019
- TypeFull time
- SalaryPaid (£40k-50k)
- Artformmuseums, Other
The British Museum’s Information Services department is seeking a skilled Programme Manager to lead transformational planning and execution. The role will involve line managing Project Managers and provide programme-level project planning and scheduling coordination across the department while overseeing project progression and timelines.
This important role involves leading a small team of dedicated Project Managers and working closely with the Digital & Technology Board to collate progress on a diverse selection of projects stretching from curatorial to commercial operations where improvement opportunities present themselves. Additionally, the role is expected to be deeply involved in the management and delivery of cross-department technology projects.
It’s a unique opportunity to influence and gain understanding of how one of the world’s most valuable and important institutions operates. Be part of community of people passionate about the values of the Museum and its 260-year legacy of providing free access to the history of the world.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Line manage dedicated IS Project Managers
- Oversee planning, coordination and scheduling of department resources in consultation with IS department leadership, Project Managers and Business Analysts
- Systematically collate all project updates and progress statements across the department programme and Digital & Technology Board (DTB) programme
- Ensure resource management and scheduling tools are kept up to date across the department programme
- Self-manage multiple concurrent projects by taking responsibility for the definition, documentation and safe execution of projects, actively participating in all relevant phases of the project and identify, assess and manage risks and issues
- Lead on the establishment of Project Management disciplines and standards
The ideal candidate will be educated to degree level (or with equivalent experience) and will have a recognised PRINCE2 or APM qualification at foundation level or higher. The role will require outstanding relationship building, commercial and written communication skills, and you will be comfortable communicating with all levels of the organisation. Excellent planning, negotiation, coordination and communication skills will be essential to the role.
For further information and to apply for this role, please go to https://www.britishmuseum.org/about_us/jobs.aspx