Freelance Arts Tutors - Penzance, Life With Art
- Closes25th January 2019
- LocationSouth West
- TypePart time
- SalaryPaid (£15k-20k pro rata)
- Artformcrafts, combined arts, dance, photography, music, theatre, visual arts
- ContactBethan Honeywill email@example.com
LifewithArt is a registered charity that provide art workshops for local community groups and charities in our buildings across the UK. We are opening a new building in Penzance.
Arts Tutor Role:
- Workshops are approximately 3 hours long- 2 hour sessions with half an hour each end to set up and clean up.
- Workshops can be in art, photography, music or drama. You will need the ability to plan each workshop, buy materials and run the workshops.
- You will be paid £75 per workshop + reasonable travel expenses + money for materials.
- The number of workshops you are asked to run will be variable.
- You will be working with a range of groups: people with mental health issues, groups with physical and learning disabilities, the elderly, young people from disadvantaged backgrounds etc.
What we are looking for:
- Teaching qualification or teaching experience
- Experience working with people with physical and/or learning disabilities
- The ability to plan and organise 2 hour workshop sessions without external help.
- Excellent time keeping skills.
- Current DBS is a bonus.
- Your own transport is a bonus
Please email your CV to Beth Honeywill making sure to mention your skills and experience with regards to running workshops. Please include your postcode or where you live. As a charity, who pay travel costs, we enevour to keep costs as low as possible.
Workshops are initally to be run in February - March with further work in the future.