Art Club Leader (Art Teacher), art-K Hersham
- Closes28th February 2019
- LocationSouth East
- TypeFull time
- SalaryPaid (£20k-25k)
- Artformcrafts, visual arts, Other, Fine Art
- ContactEmily Harper firstname.lastname@example.org
Art-K teaches art to adults and children aged 6-16. We create a fun, quirky atmosphere to enable children to grow creatively. We run the art-K programme in each club, putting the student’s artistic development at the centre of our focus.
Approximately 50% of time is dedicated to teaching the students, 25% into preparing for the classes, 25% to admin and promotion. The time spent teaching pupils will increase as the club grows.
The successful applicant will be given full training in the teaching and business techniques and be closely supported by the art-K team- Kathryn, David and Emily. Aside from management there are 5 other art-K employees who support each other and work together regularly.
Working with art-K means you will:
- Work in a fun, club environment with high teacher-pupil ratios where children are enthusiastic about art.
- Join a strong team of like-minded artists and teachers.
- Gain experience and knowledge in art programmes, teaching, child development and marketing a small business.
- Have face-to-face training on all art projects by Kathryn, the Creative Director.
- Undergo training on marketing from Emily, the Managing Director, to understand how to engage with the pupils efficiently and effectively.
- Work on projects to contribute to the art-K programme by liaising with Kathryn and other employees on new ideas.
What we look for:
- Art degree
- Experience working with children
- Basic computer skills
- Experience on social media
- A giving person who is passionate about children’s artistic development.
- A positive attitude to encourage students on their projects.
- Motivated whilst working independently.
- Excited to work with a fast-growing, family-owned brand.
Job Type: Full time
Salary: Part salary, part performance based and subject to frequent reviews based on performance. If in line with performance year 2 salary could be £28K. Our aim is to reward our employee as quickly as possible whilst remaining in line with the growth of the company.
Start date: March 2019
To apply: please submit a CV and cover letter explaining why you would be a good fit for the position.
Location: 74 Queens Road, Hersham