Open Call For Performers, Site-Specific, Immersive Project, Persona Collective CIC
- Closes28th February 2019
- TypePart time (voluntary worker)
- Artformdance, interdisciplinary arts, music, theatre
- ContactRocio firstname.lastname@example.org
This is an OPEN-CALL to participate in a site-specific, immersive theatre project at the Langham Club, an old Working Men’s Club venue on Green Lanes, in North London.
We are a community interest group formed from a collective of artists based in Harringay and we work in a range of disciplines related to performance, film, music and design. This is our first project as Persona Collective and we are exploring a new concept on blurring the boundaries between reality and fiction. Our aim is to develop interactive work that combines professional performers with people of different ages from the community in site-specific settings.
We are looking for:
- Actors and dancers with all levels of experience; beginners and improvers are welcome.
- Age group from 40 to 65+. Feel free to get in touch if you are under this age. The reason we are seeking older participants is to develop the intergenerational aspect of our work, since we have attracted mainly young people in the first calling.
- Aimed at people who live in Haringey and the surrounding areas.
- You would need to be available and committed to some of the dates below. The show dates are from the 10th to the 13th of April 2019. Full team rehearsals take place every Thursday from 6.45pm, but small group or individual rehearsals will take place on Tuesdays and weekends.
The script is an original piece with multiple self-contained stories that have been extracted from the community, that come together in a whole at the end. The production will be developed through role-play, dance theatre, art installations and live music and will see a stylistic mashing together of the genres of comedy, satire, mystery, tragedy and noir. The project also involves live music.
Note this is an unpaid opportunity. In the event that we receive the fund support, professional performers will be paid for the days of the show and some rehearsals.
Places are limited. If interested, please RSVP with a short message about yourself and your motivations.