Early Years Music Teacher, Greenwich Music School
- Closes11th March 2019
- TypePart time
- SalaryPaid (£30k-40k pro rata)
- ContactEd Scolding firstname.lastname@example.org
Greenwich Music school is seeking an outstanding teacher to join its early years music team (Greenwich Early Years Music), to deliver classes to babies and toddlers aged 0-4. This is an opportunity to be part of a passionate and dedicated early years team in a new charity dedicated to high quality music education.
Our very first sessions were in 2016, and since then the team has grown a weekly timetable of sessions, been shortlisted for a National Creative Learning Award, and been awarded funding from Sound Connections for our successful Musical Beginnings project which provides free classes in children’s centres for parents with babies aged 0-1 and expectant parents.
We offer you a musically and educationally fulfilling work environment with a high level of support, ongoing training and learning, shared development of our curriculum, and opportunities to share ideas, problems and solutions with the rest of the team.
• Hours by agreement, likely to start with 2-3 hours on one or two days a week and growing by agreement as we continue to grow our timetable.
• Classes take place in locations across Greenwich and are based during term time with some additional holiday teaching by agreement.
• Remuneration: an hourly rate of £33.30 including holiday entitlement.
We are looking for tutors who:
• have a degree or equivalent in music
• have significant relevant teaching experience (please indicate this in your CV)
• are passionate about teaching, and about making music
• can inspire, challenge and encourage students
• create a positive, relaxed learning environment
• are self-motivated and organised
• will take advantage of being part of Greenwich Music School, sharing ideas with other tutors and engaging with the other courses and projects
• are committed to continuing professional development through training and engagement in professional dialogue.
• are in tune with our work and ethos - see http://greenwichmusicschool.org.uk/about/
For full details and to apply please visit https://greenwichmusicschool.org.uk/vacancies/