Business Development Manager, TEXTE ZUR KUNST, Berlin
- Closes31st March 2019
- TypeFull time
- SalaryPaid (£20k-25k)
- ArtformOther, art publishing
- ContactSilvia Koch email@example.com
TEXTE ZUR KUNST is currently looking to hire an International Business Development Manager starting on a freelance basis with the option of a permanent employment. International Business Development Manager will concentrate on growing a base of clients within the international fine art world, automobile and financial industries, as well as luxury goods markets in North America, the United Kingdom, and Asia.
TEXTE ZUR KUNST is a bilingual internationally recognized art magazine that publishes contributions by leading writers on contemporary art and culture. Alongside groundbreaking essays, the quarterly magazine –founded in Cologne in 1990 by Stefan Germer (†) and Isabelle Graw and has been published since 2000 in Berlin – offers interviews, roundtable discussions, and comprehensive reviews on art, film, music, fashion, art history, theory, and cultural politics. Since 2006, the journal's entire main section has been published in both German and English. Additionally, each issue features exclusive editions by internationally renowned artists, who generously support the magazine by producing unique works for the magazine.
- Securing clients in North America, the United Kingdom, and Asia
- Selling TEXTE ZUR KUNST advertisements and editions
- Developing and expanding the client base of high quality galleries, art institutions, car companies, banks, fashion and jewelry companies that fit TEXTE ZUR KUNST’S profile
- Operational and strategic planning to meet and exceed sales targets
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a related field
- Fine art or arts administration background preferred
- Native English speaker; Mandarin and German are a plus
- Minimum of three years experience in a similar business development role
- Proven track record in selling advertising and art works
- Strong networker with existing contacts in the fine art world, automobile and financial industries, as well as luxury goods markets
- Excellent communication, networking, and negotiating skills
- Independent and conscientious work ethic
- Eagerness to meet new business quotas
- Enthusiasm for the art world and art publications
The Business Development Manager should be based in Berlin, New York, or London. This ideal candidate will shuttle between Berlin and one of the other two mentioned cities and will work primarily from home.